A PERGOLA is a garden feature forming a shaded walkway, passageway or sitting area. Normally constructed with vertical posts or pillars that usually support cross-beams and a sturdy open lattice. The origin of the word is Latin from the word pergula, referring to a projecting eave. Springview Landscape constructs custom made pergolas from Western Red Cedar lumber. Red cedar is one of the worlds most beautiful woods and is naturally decay and bug resistant. It also doesn’t bleed like many other woods which makes it perfect for stains and sealers.
Reasons to add a Pergola to your landscape:
- Create a definite space: A pergola can add definition to your backyard. You can create an entertainment lounge or dining area on a patio or deck.
- Privacy: Although a pergola is an open structure, you can add drapes, lattice and screens for added privacy.
- Space for Plants: Add vines to grow up the post of your pergola that will eventually cover your top lattice for a living natural ceiling
- Protection: Pergolas can add an escape from the sun. Tight lattice or a live ceiling will help block the harmful sun rays.
- Added Value: According to experts you can add 20%to your home with attractive landscaping.
- Combine with other structures: Add onto verandas, gazebos, potting sheds, decks & patios.
- Outdoor Entertainment Area: Creates an attractive and versatile area for outdoor living. Everyone loves outdoor parties!